Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Reading Challenge: Poetry - check!

I literally just got this book tonight and finished it while giggling to myself during many entries. So my book for poetry was:

Anyone who has been married for a while will appreciate the humor between these covers. This was one of my favorite entries - couples counseling (part 1):

The couples therapist urges
us to repeat
what each of us
has just said.

Okay. So I hear you saying
that I am a terrible husband,
man, and human being.

Hold on, Roger, the therapist says.
That's not what Amy said.
Yes, but that's what I heard.
Okay but what she actually said was she wanted you to listen
more.
Let's try to repeat the actual words
and not our interpretation.

Sorry, I wasn't listening...

This book was a fun, lighthearted view on what marriage is. We get excited when kids go to sleep. Leggings, sweats, anything comfy is what we look to wear. Sexy lingerie is not the goal as it may have been during the "wooing" stages. Oh my how I giggled while turning the pages!

A nice change of pace for me. A solid 4 stars for the entertainment value!

No comments:

Post a Comment