Sunday, February 17, 2019

Reading Challenge: Thriller - check!

I was trying to keep this category until later in the game, but inevitable I was gonna check it off the list as thrillers are my go-to category when I want to read something I know I will like. I had seen many people in the Bloom Where You're Planted Book Group talk about this book, so I was very curious as to what it would be like.


It starts out in a very interesting way:

My name is Amber Reynolds. There are three things you should know about me:
1. I’m in a coma.
2. My husband doesn’t love me anymore.
3. Sometimes I lie. 


Thus begins a book that seems kind of straightforward. I was expecting the usual back and forth in the timeline to get to where things were, but just when I figured I knew what was happening, twist #1...then twist #2...then twist #3...then I couldn't really keep track anymore it got so twisty. It is a book that you need to know nothing about so I do not want to write any major details so as not to spoil the journey for anyone. I will admit that in the end I was a bit confused and had to really just catch my breath and think through the details and twists to get to a place where things made sense again. I enjoyed that it kept catching me off guard, but would have liked a bit more time between the twists to be able to follow a little bit better.

I did rate it 4 stars on Goodreads as it captured my attention and I really wanted to know what was going to happen. If you are looking for an "easy" read, this is not it as the plot twists will have you spinning on your head.

Now I am on to my next book:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment